In a couple of hours, Lee and I will be leaving the Anabella Hotel here in Anaheim after our week long holiday enjoying Thanksgiving and the start of the festive season at Disneyland. I finally understood why this place is called the Magic Kingdom.
First of all, Disneyland is Christmas personified from the time you enter with music and decor that extends from Main Street to Paradise Pier at California Adventure. Snow falls over the magic kingdom twice a night punctuated with a fireworks display asking you simply to “Believe.”
In this world, where we have for a few years, been weighed down by some of the worst economic, natural catastrophe and international events , this place has reminded me that the things that matter the most, our families, our loved ones, and ourselves still offer the best sources of peace and happiness.
My daughter, Annette, joined us for a couple of days. It brought back memories of when she and my other children were here before and had one of our best times together. I had one of those moments looking as snow fell into her face that a resolution came over to me that I wanted more experiences like that with my children. Nothing replaces those bonds.
Lee came into my life this year. Never would I have believe that love would come into my life again and with such a wonderful man. We also celebrated his birthday. He is unlike anyone I ever imagined but is all I ever wanted in someone I love. Yes, I am totally in love with this man. He is handsome as well as kind. His heart is larger than both of us. I am happy. The spirit of believing is back in my life because of him.
The Christmas holiday season is my favorite time of year. This year surpasses all expectations. It has started out in my favorite place in the world. I am in love. It is magical and I believe.
I really do. Fairy dust and all.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Begins Play-Testing (damouse.com)
- Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom (meetthemagic.com)
- Kinect Disneyland Adventure review (digitaltrends.com)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (grumpymickey.wordpress.com)
- Walt Disney World (grumpymickey.wordpress.com)
- You’re never too old for the magic kingdom (rowanjanuary.wordpress.com)
- Disneyland Adventures (pocket-lint.com)
- Enter To Win A Pair Of Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Tickets (kroq.radio.com)
- Kinect: Disneyland Adventures (allgamesreview.wordpress.com)