The LA Gay and Lesbian Center continues their campaign to curb LGBT Youth homelessness and to support them. The likes of Elton John and Jamie Fox and other celebrities are part of a moving and heartbreaking PSA video called “Any Given Tuesday.
In Los Angeles alone, LGBT homeless youth make up 40% of all homeless youth. These shocking percentages are repeated in many cities in the USA.
Most of them had been kicked out of their families after being discovered to be LGBT. What happens to them on the streets is harrowing and awful. Whatever your point of view, throwing away our children because of their sexuality is the most darkest side of hate and bigotry.
Many LGBT homeless youth choose suicide. In the truest sense, hate and bigotry are killing our children.
- VIDEO: Why so many US homeless are LGBT people (bbc.co.uk)
- WATCH: Elton John and Jamie Foxx Talk Homeless LGBT Youth (advocate.com)
- Sir Elton John to throw birthday bash for Robbie Williams’ daughter (contactmusic.com)
- Jamie Foxx, Elton John, & Lisa Vanderpump Are Spreading The LGBT Homeless Youth Message! Watch The Heart-Wrenching Short Film HERE! (perezhilton.com)
- Bullying: It starts with adults (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- New Project Helps LGBT Homeless In San Francisco (queerty.com)
- S.F. tackles dual challenge – being homeless and gay (sfgate.com)
- Powerful Short Film Paints Stark Picture of What LGBT Youth Encounter When Families Reject Them: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- WATCH: Jamie Foxx, Elton John Appear In Powerful Film To Help LGBT Youth (queerty.com)
- Dodgers Go Gay: First LGBT Night at Dodger Stadium (blogs.laweekly.com)