Spanning 54 years, where their love was not accepted by most , but survived all of it. William Campbell and John Hilton embody the universal true love story. This month marriage equality is being considered by the highest court of the United States, in a country that is still divided over the issue.
The story of Bill and John is the human story behind all of it. Love letters through the war, support during college years, living life, caring during sickness and finally death. Yes, Bill passed away before the right for same sex marriage was passed in New York.
Their love lives on now forever. Meet Bill and John.
- WATCH: Meet Bill And John, A Loving Couple Together For 54 Years Who Never Got The Chance To Marry (gayguidevegas.com)
- Peers vote convincingly FOR same-sex marriage Bill (independent.co.uk)
- Illinois Marriage Equality Has Until 31 August Thanks To Extension (lezgetreal.com)
- Equal Marriage Bill Survives Attempt To Kill It In British House of Lords (lezgetreal.com)
- Same-sex proponents demand marriage equality (cltv.com)
- Gay marriage: it’s only fair | Michael Bloomberg (guardian.co.uk)
- In Tennessee, Gay Marriage Has Young Doubting Republicans (bloomberg.com)