Fairy Dust and Elven Song
By JP Leddy
Morning dawn broken by young laughter
Bright wrapping paper pieces strewn across the floor
Smiles energized by toys and imaginations
The world is surrounded by magic and laughter
Shadows of St. Nick still warm in the air
with the echo of reindeer hooves still tapping on the roof
Believe and faith meet together to dance under
fairy dust and elven song
Christmas is here, all ye earth
let joy make all things possible
warm your hearts in the miracle of love
Find peace with it and find peace with you.
Submitted to Monday Poetry Potluck Reflections, Interpretations, Musings
I received the following recognitions from poetry group facilitator and leader , Jingle, who has been able to create a community of poets to share work and develop relationships over the Internet. I am grateful for her support and always honored by her awards.
- Clarabell the Christmas Cow (commercialappeal.com)
- Make Handmade Christmas Wrapping Paper (kleenexmums.com.au)
- Christmas all wrapped up thanks to Innocent (almostalwaysthinking.com)
- My Family Will Make Fun of Me on Christmas Morning (theflibbertigibbetblog.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Waste Reduction Tips (non-toxickids.net)
- Can I buy wrapping paper and be green? (guardian.co.uk)
- New Technology Recycles 100% of Christmas Wrapping Paper (doyourpart.com)
- Peace, Joy and Love (lauramaly.wordpress.com)
- L. Frank Baum’s “A Kidnapped Santa Claus” (middletownmike.blogspot.com)
- What’s That Song From the Target Christmas Commercial? (spinner.com)
peace, love, joy, hope you have all of these through the weeks , months, or year ahead…
Thank you, Jingle. Peace and love to you all 2011.
wonderful….i love the accompanying picture, too…
wishing you peace and joy…
Wishing the same and more…
Thank you, Mel!
This is lovely, JP. You’ve encapsulated the magic and meaning of Christmas.
You are so sweet. Appreciate your time in reading and commenting.
Beautiful words and images!=D
Comming from you means a lot to me.
The angel, picture and poem all worked together. Nicely done.
Thank you. I appreciate your comments.
a true delight to read:)
A lovely image of Christmas. These are so hard to write convincingly – well done!
Thank you for your kind comments.
lovely and positive, nice to see
Thanks, Roy! Appreciate your comments.
…warm your hearts in the miracle of love
Find peace with it and find peace with you…
Beautiful words..and a great poem…
The picture is very beautiful..very lively 🙂
Right poem for Christmas poem. Merry Christmas.