Today is the last day of the two week food cleanse that I have been participating in sponsored by Becoming Health administered by my good friend, Marnie Northrop. Through one perspective, it has been a restrictive set of nutritional regiments to follow for meals supported by both mental and emotional exercises. However, for me it has been one of the most freeing experiences of my life.
I did not experience the withdrawals eliminating coffee, any kind of soda, gluten, alcohol, refined sugar and most red meat during the cleanse. Protein intake was limited when ti came from a meat source but that was not even a hard adjustment.
What I found was a renewed energy supported by a sense of control when it came to my food intake. I was actually enjoying my meal times and food more than ever before. I felt myself feeling an awareness and a clarity without the stimulants that typically were infusing throughout my body.
There has been a sense of calmness in my life that I have found to be a great stress management tool. I have no desire to return to coffee or alcohol. I have embraced the concept of trying to eat organic and fresh foods. I know it has made a difference in me.
I want to maintain the momentum I have gained now that the cleanse has come to a close. I am engaged in bettering my life and myself. It is a wonderful feeling and I do not want it to stop.
Testimonials for the Cleanse ( source: http://www.becoming health.com)
“I have done 4 cleanses on my own (including the Master Cleanse) prior to this supported cleanse with Marnie. They were always extremely difficult emotionally and mentally because they were more restrictive and much more unpleasant. I lost weight on them and then about a couple weeks after they were over piled back on the weight. With Marnie’s supported cleanse there was a gentle tapering down from meat to vegetarian to raw to juice and back up. As a result, I actually have released (to my utter surprise given how easy and pleasant it was) more weight than I did on those more radical cleanses and I feel like I’ll stay this weight and continue to drop some more because I actually want to continue to eat this way. Her guidance was clear, helpful and thoughtful throughout and she was very responsive to my questions as they came up. Not only have I released this weight but I’ve broken my addictive sugar eating habit. If you’re thinking about feeling better, more energetic, lighter, and more clear definitely enroll in one of Marnie’s supported cleanses!” – Karen
“I have lost 7-8 lbs and my clothes are back to fitting comfortably again. Throughout this detox my mind was really, really clear and I could focus with greater intensity. I’ve been super productive while on the cleanse, sleeping better, exercising harder, and simply feel tons more energetic. I will do my best to continue eating organic and with more veggies and fruit, they really made a difference. This has been life changing for me. THANK YOU!” – Becky
“It was a great experience and to top it off I lost about 7lbs! On the fast day I expected to feel light headed and dizzy but I felt surprisingly well, though I was hungry by 3:00. Everyone I see keeps saying to me “you look great! What are you doing? Your skin is glowing.” I feel really focused and energized to continue to eat right. I am going to do all that I can to not reintroduce caffeine. I fell asleep so much easier the last two weeks. The one thing I noticed most about how I felt was “steady” – I didn’t experience intense energy highs and lows, which is pretty typical for me. I have also discovered a couple of new foods I really like.” – Tara
“I like the detox plan overall!! The fasting day was fine—I can’t believe I made it through. In general I feel really great – more energetic and less bloated so I do not want to stop and am going to continue to eat more “cleanly”. I discovered some new foods I really like, so thank you!!! I have lost maybe 2-3 lbs, not a whole lot, but I feel great. [six months later] …I have now lost 5-6 lbs. It came off slowly. Still eating healthy and loving it.” – Samantha
Thanks for leading this detox. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it and can see changing some of my eating habits permanently. I loved the daily emails– helped me feel that someone was supporting me (extra pressure to stick with it)! This detox also raised my awareness around what I eat and how I eat by leaps and bounds. I am eating lots more organic veggies now that I realize how easy, tasty and cheap (compared to eating out) it can be. I treated myself to chocolate cake and steak tartare on Sat for a friend’s birthday but have actually been back to clean eating ever since. Anyhow, thanks once again! –Kai
“I recently did my first detox cleanse with “Becoming Health” and learned so much about “live” food and the impact of what I eat and how I feel and the emotional/physical connection. Surprisingly I found this particular cleanse to be rich and abundant in nutrients and “clean” food. With each day of the cleanse, I felt renewed energy. Marnie was supportive in customizing the cleanse to allow me to avoid weight loss, while also benefiting from a clean food routine that stimulated my vitality and overall energy. I look forward to using the information I learned and integrating it in to my day-to-day food routine.” – Joe
- New Detoxification Health Benefits Reach 2 Million Consumers Worldwide (prweb.com)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Touts 21-Day ‘Elimination’ Cleanse (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Pre-Diet Psychological Cleanse (psychologytoday.com)
- New Colon Cleansing Blog Unveils The Shocking Truth About Colon Cleanse Methods (prweb.com)
- 47 Blogs About Self Cleansing and Detoxing at Home (medicalinsurance.org)
- A Christmas Cleansing System (rock-kool-dadie.blogspot.com)
- Detox (tasithoughts.wordpress.com)
- The Truth About Detox Diets (everydayhealth.com)
- Ashley Koff: Cleanse for a Healthier 2011 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Eat this and not that for that “o-la-la!” body this year (vanguardngr.com)
- Homemade Colon Cleanse Part 2 (healthlifestyleforever.com)
- Chew On This: New Product uses Licorice Roots, Tobacco Tales, and Juice Cleansing to Help Smokers ‘Give It Up’ in 2011 (prweb.com)
- Healthy Whole Body Cleansing (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Healthy Hollywood: Wellness Wednesday – Salma Hayek Shares Her Get Gorgeous Fast Secret (omg.yahoo.com)
- Mindfully Cleansing (timesunion.com)
- Healthy Living Gone Too Far: The Absurdity of Cleanses (masonryan.wordpress.com)
- Quantum Wellness Cleanse (savoringeverybite.wordpress.com)
- Just for Us: A Discount on Salma Hayek’s Go-To Cleanse (omg.yahoo.com)
- Tell The World, I Am The Proud Parent Of My Little Number 2 (gliving.com)