2011 for me has personally started on a good note. I have been taking care of myself better especially in terms of eating better, not drinking and really learning to slow down the urgency of things in my life . This includes the emotional side, in terms of my personal life.
I truly want to be in a relationship that is fully what I want it to be and, more importantly, what I need it to be. However, I do not need to rush into anything. I simply need to be. In the meanwhile, I need to let things take their course and simply have an open heart.
My ex-partner has been trying to reconcile with me under some new arrangement with our relationship. However, there are things in that arrangement I am simply not comfortable with and there are also still some emotional scars that need healing before even considering those options. However, we are in a better place than ever before and he is a good man whom I love very much. I am not sure where our journey will end but I am glad it is at place of caring rather than in a place that is dark.
As for alternatives, I really have none. There have been others that I have considered but none have really developed. I realized that my own expectations have changed and that the pool of men that I find in most of my social circles may not really be the best candidates for long term relationships.
It is amazing what clarity comes forth without the haze of alcohol.
I am at peace about it all. I know that real love takes time to be found and developed. In the meanwhile , I am enjoying this period of loving myself. It has been a long time coming.
There are moments when I am alone with my thoughts and all I can hear is my breathing , and then there is this wave of gratefulness that comes over me for the full life I have had and do have now. I have been able to enjoy loving relationships in my life. I actually am privileged to be a father. I have a great job. I have a wonderful family. I have dear friends.
Today I simply like to express, that all is good.
- Can I stop thinking mean thoughts without saying them? (ask.metafilter.com)
- To keep romance burning, skip pet names, authors say (pbpulse.com)
- Love Life Advice (mademan.com)
- A Cyclone of Emotional Turmoil in Amsterdam – Amsterdam, Netherlands (travelpod.com)
- 10 Tips For Surviving Long Distance Relationships (mademan.com)
- Long Term Relationships (brighthub.com)
- 7 Things I’ve Learned in 7 Years of Marriage (psychcentral.com)
- How To Be A Good Friend (thegloss.com)
- When The Love Of Your Life Doesn’t Love You (psychologytoday.com)
- Dear Wendy: “How Many Sex Partners Is Too Many?” (thefrisky.com)
- Obsessed With an Old Flame (everydayhealth.com)
- 10 Long Term Relationship Must-Haves (brighthub.com)
- How To Leave Emotional Abusive Relationships (mademan.com)
- How To Forgive An Affair (mademan.com)
- 10 Tips to Increase the T.E.N.D.E.R.N.E.S.S. in Your Relationship (psychologytoday.com)
- How to Heal Your Heart After a Breakup (socyberty.com)
- A Relationship, Arranged Alphabetically (slog.thestranger.com)
- Partner Poaching (Part 2): Five Reasons Why You Should Shun a Poached Relationship (socyberty.com)