It is not your typical Woody Allen movie but it has his genius fully imprinted in every frame. Midnight in Paris is a fanciful tale that drives home the message of love in such a way that it really embodies what movies should do. It transports you completely away to a wonderful experience that keeps with you long after the closing credits have finished rolling.
Owen Wilson is simply outstanding in the lead role and perfectly cast. He has the perfect mix of comedic undertones that wraps into the dramatic and heart wrenching growth which his character makes in the journey to find real love.
The city of Paris is as much an important character in the movie as the place where Wilson plays a successful Hollywood screenwriter seeking refuge in the city of love to fulfill his passion, to write a novel. In the meanwhile he is engaged. He is in Paris with his fiancee and her parents. The magic of the city transports him to a different era at midnight to meet with with some of his hero authors. He is back to present time by the morning.
That is the set up…what ensues is the pure human experience unfolding as we see Owens and his fellow characters discover true love under the stars of Paris.
The best movie I have seen all year.
- Midnight in Paris (thehappinesscomplex.wordpress.com)
- Midnight in Paris, Crazy Stupid Love … and all the other kinds too (halleyscomment.blogspot.com)
- Movie Review: Midnight in Paris (millenniallemons.com)
- 1 reviews of Midnight In Paris (rateitall.com)
- Midnight in Paris is a charming love letter to the City of Lights (nediunedited.wordpress.com)
- ‘Midnight in Paris’ becomes Woody Allen’s all-time biggest hit. How the heck did that happen? (insidemovies.ew.com)
- Midnight in Paris – Woody Allen (biblioklept.org)
- A Response to Midnight in Paris (veritasmizzou.wordpress.com)