One of the newest and what I believe far reaching and impactful non profit organizations to emerge is the The All Family Project. It is a collaborative effort between straights and gays to promote tolerance and awareness for gays and their families. The organization uses photography ,video , public forums, social and print media to promote positive images of LGBT families.
This sub group of the gay community is often either misrepresented or ignored. What is relevant also is that on the federal and state level there are many laws that don’t recognize the union of the parents. This only adds to the unfortunate cloistering of these families away from mainstream family society.
The Project will actively advocate for these families and against efforts that prevent their equal status in society. One of the first efforts is to put up a series of Billboards with positive messages starting in Utah.
Also through the positive images of gay families it truly opens the window to drive the point home about equality for all. To support these worthy efforts, please visit the All Family Project website.
- Evangelicals speak out in favor of LGBT History Bill (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- ‘Out and Around’ Highlights Global LGBT Advocacy (bilerico.com)
- The Top 20 Most Important LGBT Figures in History (bilerico.com)
- New PFLAG Phoenix Chapter Supports LGBT Families (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Christian Magazine Publishes Ad for LGBT Homeless Organization After GLAAD Outreach (towleroad.com)
- It gets better project (homofiliogkirken.wordpress.com)
- Fox News’ Obsessed “Gay Indoctrination” (therainbowpost.com)
- Lady Gaga flash mob held at Bachmann family clinic (therainbowpost.com)
- Non-profit organizations in different countries (ask.metafilter.com)
- THE *ULTIMATE* PEARLS: Family (thepearlslink.org)
- Program helps low-income families build homes (seattletimes.nwsource.com)