I decided to go see Tangled during a matinee showing by myself. I admit that I have loved Disney animated features since I was a child and rediscovered them with my children. It has been some time since I since I actually seen one that echoed back to the more traditional genre. Well kind of.
I was watching Tangled in 3-D. That is the best way to see it.
The first thing you notice about the movie was it was absolutely lush in color with such richness that visually it was wonderful. The story of Rapunzel was given an interesting edge with some traditional fairy tale plot. Mixed in with some humor that even entertained the adults, and add in some good music, Disney magic born.
There are some riveting life themes that for young children may be intense but it does have a happy ending.
I must say that I left the movie feeling transported back to that happy place as a child where dreams do come true. It was nice to feel that for a couple of hours at the movies. Thanks, Disney!
- Will there be a Tangled 2 movie (wiki.answers.com)
- Tangled takes us back to when Disney’s princesses reigned supreme [Video] (io9.com)
- Old and new become Tangled (bbc.co.uk)
- Tangled: Knot your average Disney toon (thestar.com)
- Geek Deal: $28.48 for Both Tangled/Beauty and the Beast Blu-ray/DVD Combos (slashfilm.com)
- Disney’s Tangled Film Clip: Meet Mother Gothel (screenhead.com)
- Tangled Movie Review – Big Shot of Disney More Of The Same (screenhead.com)
- Tangled – Disney’s Rapunzel is an instant classic (mirror.co.uk)
- REVIEW: ‘Tangled’ has bumpy start but soars by the end (herocomplex.latimes.com)