It has been well over a week ago, but I found a place to move into the city of San Francisco. After over 12 years living in Lake Merritt, Oakland I finally will have a home in the city that I love – San Francisco. I make the move on August 1st.
I moved here from Oregon those many years ago to accept a job and I was partnered with who I thought would be the love of my life. Things change as life does sometimes. I no longer have that job or the partner. This move will mark a new beginning for me. One that I am anticipating with some excitement.
I was so lucky to find a room to rent from this wonderful gay couple living in the Castro area. It is ideal for me. We immediately clicked when we met and I felt like the place was home. After the myriad of apartments I had looked at, it was such a relief to find this place. As much as I was glad I was moving from the apartment in Oakland, moving in with strangers in a new place was something I was dreading with some trepidation. Not anymore.
With my job and social life all in San Francisco, this move will simply be the final step to complete the puzzle.
Finding a physical place to live is symbolic of now finding my place in this new era of my life. I am glad it will be in the city of San Francisco, the place of possibilities.
- San Francisco Political Events through July 24, 2011 (sanfranciscofyi.blogspot.com)
- The Golden City – San Francisco, CA (travelpod.com)
- Savoring It (tasithoughts.wordpress.com)
- Home – San Francisco, CA (travelpod.com)
- San Francisco Travel Guide, Part 1: Shopping (geekthreads.blogspot.com)
- Silicon Valley Culture, but in San Francisco? (nytimes.com)
- My City by the Bay (quiveringexuberance.wordpress.com)
- New San Francisco bridge built in China to be shipped to US (tipggita32.wordpress.com)
- The City by the Bay – San Francisco, CA (travelpod.com)