In one of my networking business group meetings today, a health professional colleague gave this wonderful presentation on her services that targets overall well being and the reduction of stress. It was filled with good information.
It is a fanciful tale with some catchy tunes that still are forever etched into my mind about a widower father and his two children and a fantastic flying car. Their adventures take them to country where children are not allowed to exist by edict from an evil Baron and Baroness. There is a wicked looking child catcher who snares up strays that looks creepier than anyone on To Catch A Predator.
The baron and Baroness are after the flying car, Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang. The want to possess it. They mistakenly kidnap the children’s grandfather to try to have him replicate the car. They think he is the inventor.
The whole movie is done tongue and cheek with homage paid to the keystone cops kind of movies and evil spy dramas in some funny scenes with the baron’s henchmen. If you let your mind escape into the movie ( if you are an adult, have a little alcohol) it is becomes such a a trip. Your stress will just go away and you will be humming Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
This may be nonsensical to you. There is something about getting out of your tired cynicism, narcissism, and skepticism and become childlike. It is alright. It does not mean your problems go away but you get awash in some innocence and escapism that frees your spirit a little.
I just know that I revisit a happy place in my heart when I think of that movie where the eyes of the young boy I once was had the fresh wonder of life that I now can dip into occasionally to get the perspective to face the present.
- Dick Van Dyke Engaged At 86! (now100fm.radio.com)
- Tennant voices Chitty book sequel (bbc.co.uk)
- David Tennant: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is ‘very clever, slightly surreal and hugely readable’ – audio (guardian.co.uk)
- Life lessons learned from Disney movie ‘Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang’ (faith-dream.com)
- DJ Chris Evans buys Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car for £500k (mirror.co.uk)
- Your chance to own Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (staveleyhead.co.uk)
- Obsessed fan spends 12 years building Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (telegraph.co.uk)
- Scrumptious Cakes! (blissfulcakes.wordpress.com)
- David Tennant reads Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (thereaderonline.co.uk)
- Scarier than any clown. Ever. (tremmer.wordpress.com)