Silver Linings Playbook is a must see film of this year. Not only is the film well written but Bradley Cooper brings the performance of his lifetime as Pat , the recently released bi-polar man incarcerated in a psychiatric facility for beating up the lover of his wife. The story follows his path to recovery but it so much more than that, as it really delves into our perceptions of self, love, relationships, family and life.
Jennifer Lawrence plays Tiffany also brings forth a brilliant performance as a deeply depressed woman who has fallen into a purposeless life after the sudden death of her husband. She becomes a formidable partner with Cooper as their characters meet and chemistry emanates off the screen.
Robert DeNiro and Jacki Weaver plays Cooper’s parents and help add strength to this ensemble which blends dramatic pitch points in the story and humor. Everything flows authentically and in beat.
Chris Tucker also provides humor and some wisdom to the story as Cooper’s former co-patient from the psychiatric facility.
This movie moves you and you are completed invested in Cooper and Lawrence. You are drawn into their story and despite the very real theme of mental illness in the movie, you relate to the humanity of their lives, their desire for love and the obstacles of life.
One of my top films this year and definitely deserving of Oscar nominations and other accolades. Cooper and Lawrence are stars!
- Jennifer Lawrence Arrives At A ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Screening (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Bradley Cooper & Jennifer Lawrence: New ‘Silver Linings’ Clip! (justjared.com)
- Watch: Jennifer Lawrence And Bradley Cooper Shine In The New ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Promo Spots (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Movie Review: Silver Linings Playbook (teamfogreviews.com)
- Silver Linings Playbook Online ( Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper ) (indybay.org)
- Jennifer Lawrence ‘crazy good’ in Silver Linings Playbook (theweek.co.uk)
- Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper on ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ (wyff4.com)
- Jennifer Lawrence: ‘Silver Lining Playbook’ Los Angeles Screening! (justjared.com)
- Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper On ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ And Their Easy Chemistry (news.moviefone.ca)
- Jennifer Lawrence wants to keep romance private (contactmusic.com)
Pingback: » Silver and Gold Pretty Thing
Pingback: There’s Always a Silver Lining « i'm a movie nerd
Appreciating the time and energy you put into your
website and in depth information you offer. It’s nice to come
across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed
information. Great read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your
RSS feeds to my Google account.
Thank you Carma! I am also my blog in my reading list