Since the Beijing games, Chris Duenas, Guam Olympian , Chris Duenas, has been training hard for the London Olympic 2012 Games.
Duenas is competing in the 1oo meter swimming competition. He is one of 60 swimmers who qualified. . He made the cut with a time of 53.33 seconds. The world record in this event is 46.91.
“After the last Olympics I had to seriously decide whether or not I wanted to try for another Olympics. I made up my mind to give it a shot and it was well worth all the hard work,” he said. “I am looking towards breaking all the previous records I held up to this year, starting with the 100m free here in London,” he said. “This second Olympics will gauge how far I have come in the past four years, and hopefully will give me the push I need to continue to train for the next Olympics and getting further up the world ranking.” – Pacific Daily News
Chris hopes not only to break his own record but to continue efforts to increase the rankings of Guam’s athlete’s that come from a population pool 0f 200,000 in this United States territory.
- The 15 Hottest Female Olympians (thefrisky.com)
- At Canada House it’s the athletes who inspire (insidehalton.com)
- London Olympics 2012: SNP send good-luck message to the ‘Scolympians’ (scotsman.com)
- Romney volleys with Brits over Olympic preparations- Saudi Arabia judo Olympian can’t wear headscarf (politics.blogs.foxnews.com)
- Ryan Millar is first to claim our Olympian offer (onefinestay.com)
- Our Olympians in London (timesofmalta.com)
- Dark horse Dickens to swim race of his life (insidehalton.com)
- USA Boxing Preview: US Look For Redemption In London (newyork.sbnation.com)
- MMA in the Olympics: 7 Olympians Who Should Transition to MMA (bleacherreport.com)
- Liberation Day – A Celebration of My Heroes (tasithoughts.com)
- Love In The Future (tasithoughts.com)
- U.S. think tank urges faster work to move Okinawa marines to Guam (japantimes.co.jp)
- Shoichi Yokoi (knowledgeguild.wordpress.com)
- Hinanao ham para Guam – Ontario, CA (travelpod.com)
- Jon Duenas (sheralyn.wordpress.com)
- Guam First Impressions (bethyherself.wordpress.com)
- Guam’s palms threatened by Rhino beetle (radioaustralia.net.au)
Pingback: Olympian RJ Blas Achieves A First For Guam | Tasithoughts's Weblog
Pingback: Looking Back and Looking Forward | Tasithoughts's Weblog